by Ray Majoran
Well, let us just start off by saying – this has been a long time coming. Over the years, we’ve always wanted to do something like this, but the reality is that life gets in the way, and we all know how easy it is to make excuses. So let us just set the tone of why we’re doing this, and what you can expect / not expect from this site.
WHY WE’RE DOING THIS
- Because God has done way too many things in the lives of Carolyn and I, for us not to share them. If you’ve known us for any length of time, you’ve probably heard stories. But both Carolyn and I are quite sure that there are many things that you haven’t heard (simply because there are too many)… stories of our adoption process, miracles, hard times, amazing times, crazy situations, etc… all of which we’d like to document and share.
- Because situations come up on a regular basis that we’d love to journal about. So many times we “mean to write things down”, but then forget to do it. Therefore, this site will act sort of like a time capsule so that we can reflect on it in years to come.
- To reiterate the opening message on the front page of this site: “Our prayer for each of you is that God would reveal Himself to you in ways that go beyond our understanding (Isaiah 55:8), and that you would live your lives in such a way that would glorify and honor Him.”
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Journals by Ray
- Poetry and writing by Carolyn
WHAT NOT TO EXPECT
- Beating around the bush. (We will be open, honest and sincere.)
- Commenting. (This is not a social media site where you get to cheer us on, or blast us if you don’t like our opinions. Pretend you’re reading a book and simply reflect on the words. Not that we don’t care about your opinions and expressions of encouragement, but we also want to do this without seeking exaltation. We merely seek to honor God and the lives He has given us; see 1 Corinthians 1:30–31.)
- Daily updates. (This is not a site that we plan on updating daily. We would suggest that you stop by once a month or so to catch up. If you’re on Facebook, we’ll post a notification when we make a new entry, but that will be the extent of it.)
That’s all for now; we appreciate you stopping by.
Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible. – Ephesians 6:24